The Town of High Prairie...
- Public Works Department strives to keep a high level of service to the residents of High Prairie while trying to achieve efficiencies to keep costs of service at a reasonable level.
- The Town of High Prairie has a state of the art treatment process such as UV disinfection to enhance the protection of customers and our residents.
The water plant was built in 2002 and is capable of handling water demands well into the future.
- The Town of High Prairie Public Works staff maintains 27 km of water distribution mains, 8 km of storm drainage, 23 km of waste water mains, as well as 7 sewage pumping stations and a level one waste water treatment facility.
- The Town of High Prairie owns its own gas distribution system, which supplies natural gas to all of its customers and residents with the Town limits.
- The High Prairie airport is equipped with an all weathered runway measuring at 3933ft long by 75ft wide.
We are presently looking at re-establishing aviation fuel services.
For more information please contact the Manager of Roads and Facilities.