A BY-LAW OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE TOWN OF HIGH PRAIRIE,
IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA, TO ESTABLISH A MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION.
WHEREAS: Section 626(1) ofthe Municipal Government Act, being Chapter M-26.1 of the Statues of Alberta, 1994 and amendments thereto, provides that a Municipality may by bylaw establish a Municipal Planning Commission.
NOW THEREFORE: BY VIRTUE OF THE AUTHORITY CONFERRED UPON IT BY THE MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT ACT ("THE ACT"), THE COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF HIGH PRAIRIE, IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA, DULY ASSEMBLED, HEREBY ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. ESTABLISHMENT OF A MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION
Pursuant to Section 626 of the Municipal Government Act, the Municipal Planning Commission, hereinafter called the “Commission”, is hereby established.
2. PURPOSE OF THE MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION
The purpose of the Commission is:
- To act as a Development Authority as specifically authorized under the terms of the Town of High Prairie’s Land Use Bylaw.
- To advise Council of any planning related matter that the Commission determines should be brought forward for Council’s review and/or action.
- The Commission shall elect a Chairman from its members for a term of 1 year.
- The term of office of the members of the Commission shall be from the time of appointment to the next general election. The term of office may be renewed by further resolution of the Council.
- Any member of the Commission who is absent from three consecutive meetings of the Commission, unless such representative is so absent with the approval of the Commission, shall be replaced with a new representative duly appointed by Council.
3. COMPOSITION OF THE MUNICIPAL PLANNING COMMISSION
a) The Board shall consist of:
i) Two members of Council and;
ii) Three members of the general public who shall be appointed by resolution of Council.
b) A vacancy on the Commission may be filled by Resolution of Council at any time.
4. MEMBERSHIP AND TERM OF OFFICE
Three members of the Commission shall constitute a quorum for the making of all decisions and for doing any action required to be done by the Commission.
6. EFFECTIVE DATE
This bylaw shall come into effect upon the date of final reading and signing thereof.
This bylaw repeals bylaw 24/84 and 22/86.
READ a first time this 28th day of November, 2001
READ a second time this 28th day of, November 2001
READ a third time and finally passed this 12th day of December, 2001
Mayor Brodrick Town Manager